Prediction: Rammstein is DONE
July 30th, 2007 at 2:07pm

Rammstein is one of my favorite bands of all time PERIOD. Blah blah blah “they got too commercial” blah blah. STFU.

I was pissed all last week after reading the news that Till (lead singer) is leaving the band. As far as I know, he has been the voice of the band since the beginning, and is the first image you get when you think of Rammstein (that OR the scrawny keyboard guy). They have gotten the guy from KMFDM to sing instead. That guy is a skinny puke! Sure KMFDM is awesome and all that but he is supposed to replace this:

rammstein2.jpg

The guy is on fire alright.

If you saw the family values tape/dvd that had Rammstein you also saw some of the other crazy stuff they do. Hell if you have seen them live you really know… especially in Europe since we here in the US cant handle their full show apparently.

Till whips himself on stage, shoots lasers out of his eyes, and again – sets himself on fire. Their sound is defined by the keyboards, 80s-ish crunchy guitars and TILL’S SINGING. He’s got on of those deep growly voices but can still sing… good luck on replicating that.

So Im not sold on this at all! They should change the name and not call this project Rammstein. Rarely can you change singers and have your band even come close to resembling the old band, and definitly not in this case.

Now, I think I read that Till may be doing a solo effort. I will certainly check that out. I will probably check out new Rammstein too, but I wont call it Rammstein anymore….since it isnt the same band. My prediction: Fans are gonna drop this new “Rammstein” and just keep playing all the old CDs.

25 Comments to “Prediction: Rammstein is DONE”

1. Vin-Bizzel says:

omfg!!! he cant leave!!! and i agree with you 100%. they are no longer Rammstein. fuck that sucks!!!

2. Michael Bull says:

right, basically this guy knows jack shit, if he was a true rammstein fan he would have realised by now that the departure of Till was all lies.
    rammstein even realised an offical statement saying that he was still in the band, its even in kerrang magazine (in the uk) that the rumours were untrue.

3. THIS F’IN BLOWS!!!!!! I cant BELIEVE that they subsituted Till for the KMFDM singer, he’s good, but definitely NOT Rammstein material. Like you, I’m in total mourning, this f’in SUCKS :0) MWAH!! ~Princess F’in Hacksaw~

4. John says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

Last time I see these guys live was in the UK… 2005?!? So long ago… Been waiting for new tour and now I see this news. Ahhhh, it’s a sad day. :(

5. shaye says:

Fuck that. Till will ALWAYS be the voice of Rammstein. Hands down. Somethings you just CAN’T replace. So in my eyes…they are done. I’ve seen the family values tour DVD. It was one of the only 3 things we had to watch when our cable went out. So their show was burned into my grey matter. Their shows are amazing. They have great theatrics and great eye candy. They knew what to give to the crowd and could always blow your mind. They rock with Till…you know. I think the only band that went on with great prosperity after the lead singer left would have to be…Pink Floyd. But that’s my opinion. And who knows…this new Rammstein may go on to great things. But in all truthfulness and reality…it will NEVER EVER be the same. I agree with the closing statement on this article. The “New” Rammstein won’t be around much longer. WTF???

6. Morgan Maggot says:

Dude, this sucks!

I loved rammstein!!!

WTF!

Well even if the sound isnt the same lets hope this new fucker is fuckin down to be crazy haha

other wise, this new project will be a failure!

7. Corey says:

I heard this was not true…

8. dude omfg
    im so pissed now
    he was rammstein basically
    he just made it so unique
    and yes i agree too
    they arent rammstein anymore

9. damien says:

dude this really sucks rammstein is freaking awesome,i especially loved the rosenrot cd, im gonna miss the old rammstein

10. Babette says:

What the hell am I going to do without Du Hast!!!! This news sucks!

11. teri says:

WTF????? NOOOOO, this cant b happening, i have been listenin 2 these guys for bout 3 yrs now. this is insane. i have seen bands change singers, drummer, whatnots, & dont ever sound the same as they did, i hope this proves me wrong in this group.

shit!!

12. Michael H. says:

Yeah that does suck.
    I’ve never seen Rammstein live but
    after seeing a video clip of them live,
    I think they’re one of the best bands today to see live.
    This pretty much sucks, especially for those die hard fans.

13. Annoymous says:

BASICALLY, ITS FAKE, TILL LINDERMAN IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT LEAVING RAMMSTEIN, THIS IS OLD NEWS, CHECK IT UP ON WIKI IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME, IT SAYS THAT IT WAS A HOAX AND IS FAKE, SO GUTTED.

14. topsy krett says:

i truly hope all the rumors are false
    i have had way too many good times at their shows and just listening to their music

15. dustin says:

that sucks one of the main reasons that is my favorite band is the singer he can’t leave

16. Neferblue says:

I hope that h’ll stay in Rammstein,
    to me, a singer is one of the most important person for a band…
    and i really love Rammstein…

They are here since long and drive the INDUS ELECTRO METAL scene,
    like a Raw one, you know ancient like !!!

so please, stay !!!!
    kisses to you,
    and big supports too !

17. Salomon says:

I just can’t belive it!!!!!!!!!! Rammstein is one of my all time favs, hope is not true cuz Till is like unique

18. Def 666 says:

I go to their own site a few minutes ago to see if it’s true and they sayed it’s fake!!! Don’t worry Till will be back again!!

19. Def 666 says:

I just go to their own site and they’re saying is just fake!!! Don’t worry Till is still with the band.

20. Adrian DeRobertis says:

ya fucking rammstein have been my fav band since 98 i checked out there website “rammstein.com” it says the rumurs arent true also i think they said that there is a new album cummin out i did not read to much into it though i was just happy to hear that their not breakin up

21. [...] Ok now Im happy again! You may have read my post earlier saying “Rammstein is DONE!” [...]

22. MrsBarnes says:

Hell yes! This is the most excited I’ve been about being wrong lol

check this:

Statement from the band is included – till will stay. Damn right.

23. rammstein4ever says:

OMG TILL CANT LEAVE HE CANT RAMMSTEIN WONT BE THE SAME OMG OMG OMG IF THIS IS TRUE THEY CANT REPLACE FEUER FREI WITH THE FLAME THROWERS!OR ANYTHING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

24. Anonymous says:

First Tarja…

Now Till???????

Our music is dying.

25. Alexander says:

OMG OMG THIS IS NT TRUE IT CANT BE! RAMMSTEIN WONT BE SEPERATED THEY WILL LIVE FOREVER!TILL PLS DONT GO U TOO RICHARD!